Role category – IT – ISSA
Role profile – Scrum Master – Expert
Request reference: SRQ128030
Job title: Scrum master
Work location: Brussels Centre
Start date: 01/03/2022
End date: 31/03/2023
Description: Scrum master:
The Scrum Master is the key reference in a project following an agile framework as the Scrum methodology. He/she ensures the global understanding of the methodology by the Project Team and helps the team to maximise the project’s result. He/she protects the team for internal and external distractions.
The Scrum Master ensures the proper use and application of the Agile Methodology and coaches the Project Team along with the business lines and stakeholders, explaining which interactions with the team are helpful and which not.
The mission concerns a cluster scrum master, organizing a cluster with 2 squads.
- set up and facilitate the Scrum ceremonies at Cluster level
- schedule and follow the key steps of the methodology
- guarantee a smooth use of the Scrum methodology and help the Project Team face any obstacles
- provide assistance or support to the Cluster Product Owner concerning the Product Backlog
- assist and support the team in the delivery of the Definition of Done (DoD), Sprint Backlog, etc.
- track team capacity and velocity metrics for planning and progress purposes
- Drives and coordinates the delivery of Initiatives and Opuses
- Brings together relevant stakeholders
- Maintains good relationships with stakeholders outside the own Cluster and Tribe
- Resolves Cluster-level impediments
- Perform reporting towards relevant stakeholders on initiative and opus delivery progress
Project methodology and Coaching:
- coach and challenge the Project Team
- help the Project Team face any difficulties and promote its gradual self-organization
- remove barriers to team effectiveness and protect the team from outside distractions
- ambassador of agile methods within the company
- provide to his/her superiors a reporting on the proper deployment of the Scrum methodology within projects
- risk & issue management
- Stimulates other roles to act autonomously
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the Cluster
Sound knowledge of English as well as (at least) one local language (Dutch or French).
Agile teams are cross-functional. All required disciplines are represented in the team (analysis, development, testing, … ). However, although team members have a primary role representing a discipline, they are expected take on other roles and contribute to other disciplines whenever it helps towards reaching the sprint goal.
Required experience / knowledge At least 5 years of relevant experience
Technical experience – mandatory:
Knowledge of agile reporting and follow-up tools (e.g. Jira)
Understanding of tooling on automated unit testing, automated functional testing and continuous integration tooling
Sound knowledge of software development methodology
Sound knowledge of project management methodology
Business experience – mandatory:
Expert knowledge of agile methodology and techniques (e.g. Kanban)
Shows a pro-active approach to the development of competences of the team and each one of its members
Continuous improvement: There is no failure, only feedback: Agile is about taking everything as lessons, adjusting actions based on the feedback
Be a team player: encourages team building, based on collaboration and autonomy: use of persuasive power before authority, ask questions before giving instructions, support the team in resolving their problems before providing the answers.
Looks further than the day-to-day objectives, enable actions in line with the IT strategy
Be a servant leader and act as such
Have very good communication and persuasion skills